Saturday, September 29, 2012

You know that Gap Band song, "You Dropped a Bomb on Me"? Yep, that just happened. A cancer bomb to be exact. 

I don't know much of anything right now. This is all happening very fast and also seems to drag on and on. On Wednesday, 9/19, I noticed that I had a dent or big dimple on my breast - felt it and there was a lump. Got into my doctor that day who referred me over for a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound. That was performed on Friday, 9/21. Results of that were that I needed a biopsy asap so that was performed on Tuesday, 9/25 and I received the positive for breast cancer results on 9/27/12.

Like I said, I don't know much yet. I don't know what stage. I don't know where it is, if it has spread beyond the lump. I know that it is a ductal carcinoma and invasive (I think that's what they said) and that the biopsy results showed a high grade abnormality. Next step is doing an MRI and meeting with a surgeon, which I have scheduled for Wednesday, 10/3. I will also need to meet with an oncologist but that will come after the surgeon and MRI.


October is breast cancer awareness month. Awareness people - not diagnosis! But I've got news for you, cancer, I am going to KICK YOUR ASS. You have been warned. Do you see all these people behind me? They are helping me kick your ass! So really you do not stand a chance. Buh Bye!

11 comments:

  1. What a shock, Brandy. I can imagine you and the family are going through a tremendous amount of "what ifs" and "what nows" and all the myriad emotions that go along with processing these bombs. Standing with you, Brandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are all standing alongside you, woman. in every way we are able. lets kick this shit to the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you and will be there for you, Dave, and Ryder every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. big hug. you're right, it doesn't stand a chance. sending you lots of love and only goodness. xxoo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Between Dave and yourself I almost feel sorry for cancer. It looks like you got the right spirit! I'm sure you guys are being bombarded with calls and emails of support, as you should be, but I'll get a hold of you after the dust settles. In the mean time, stay positive! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brandy you are too sexy for cancer! You will put it in its place in no time. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear this. Be sure to take lots and lots of notes, or better yet, turn on your audio note app while the doctors are talking to you. It's so hard to remember everything as you are trying to process it all. Love and Hugs to all three of you from Harmony, Tom and Melody

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brandy, I am so very sorry to hear this! My prayers go to you and your family during this difficult time. If there is anything I can do to help, just say the word! I know you have what it takes to fight this....much love!

    Julie Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS i dont see a SUBSCRIBE or FOLLOW button, will do once there is one?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending you so much love and strength. xoxo

    ReplyDelete