Saturday, November 10, 2012

Float On

Chest wall muscle spasms, phantom boob pain, impending hair loss, worries about chemo side effects, a bad night's sleep, and PMS do not bode well for a happy, stress free day. Spent most of this day under the covers trying to distract myself with a book. I've been really positive about everything so far (I think) but I knew this day would come. I've been bouncing up and down on the infallible high dive and just did a triple gainer into the chilly waters of the cancer pool. Consternation ties to my ankle like a mobster's paper weight, dragging me down under the raspy, nebulous water. I won't drown. I just need to work a little harder to keep my head above the dark, shapeless water. Relax. Cry. Breathe. Focus. Know I'm not alone. Love. Breathe again (and again). Float on.

2 comments:

  1. Brandy,
    Sending you Reiki woo woo and goodness. Love to you. Its OK to go down, because you will come back up. We are ALL here to make sure you wont drown.
    J

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete